Air France/KLM Flying Blue Promotional Awards: Dec 2013 – Mar 2014
Air France/KLM Flying Blue has released their periodic list of promotional awards. The date range is for December 1, 2013 until March 31, 2014 but keep in mind the blackout dates are between December 18-23, 2013 and from January 2-6, 2014. These promo awards need to be booked and ticketed by December 29, 2013.
The discount ranges from 25% to 50% from the normal number of miles required. You can access Flying Blue’s promotional web page here. These rewards can also be booked as one-way flights and they can originate from either Europe or vice versa.
The fuel surcharge that is collected is called “carrier imposed international surcharge” and is capped for premium economy, business, and first class flights. The taxes collected for economy award tickets make these awards a better overall deal although I still prefer to get a biz or first class award as the cents per mile ratio is still better and usually outweighs the taxes.
Conditions on Promo Awards@
- Reservations must be made exclusively on www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for children, infants and minors, who are not authorised to book an award on the website).
- In the event that a technical problem occurs when reserving the promotional fare or if the reservation cannot be finalised, the Flying Blue member must log on to the site and repeat the procedure.
- This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights and vice-versa.
- These promotional Promo Award@ may not be modified, cancelled or refunded.
- Promo Award@ are available for one-way tickets and round trips.
- Flex Award are not included in the Promo Award@ offer.